You may have additional questions about my services. I hope this page provides you with the answers you seek. After reading through my website, if you still have a lingering question, please contact me directly.
- Will my insurance cover clinical counselling & psychotherapy services?
- Counselling Psychotherapy sessions are not covered under the BC Medical Services Plan however extended health benefit plans typically cover some portion if offered by an RCC. I recommend referring to your plan’s specific details to make this determination.
- I will provide receipts and any other necessary paperwork for reimbursement. Fees that are not covered by an extended health care plan may be claimed as a medical expense on your income tax.
- Are you currently taking new referrals?
- Yes, I am currently taking new referrals. To schedule a complementary 15-minute session or a full 50-minute appointment please call.
- How can I reserve a space in one of your groups?
- To join one of my groups it is first necessary to book an individual appointment to determine suitability.
- What are your hours of availability?
- On weekdays I schedule morning, afternoon, and evening appointments with individual clients. I also see individual clients on Sunday mornings. I hold group sessions on selected evenings. Please call for more information.
- Do I need a doctor’s referral to make an appointment?
- Although many of my clients come to my by way of a doctor’s referral, this is not a requirement. You do not require any referral in order to schedule an appointment.
- How do I book an appointment?
- To book an appointment just call my office line. No referral is required.
- What will happen during my free 15 minute consultation?
- I offer a free 15 minute telephone consultation. This is an opportunity for us to begin to get to know each other and to decide whether to proceed with counselling therapy. We will begin to discuss your concerns and my philosophy and approach. This is an opportunity for you to determine if you’d like to work with me and for me to assess if I’m the right counselling therapist for you (if not I will provide you with a referral in my professional network).
- Will my information be kept private and confidential?
- Privacy and confidentially are the cornerstones of my work as a counselling therapist. I am committed to maintain the integrity of your personal information. Only under some specific parameters – such as substantial clear and imminent danger, current child-abuse, or a court subpoena – am I legally and ethically required to break confidentiality and file an official report. I will clearly explain these obligations when I meet with you in person.
- What is your cancellation policy?
- If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment please contact me with at least 48 hours notice. Appointments cancelled or rescheduled without 48-hours notification are charged in full. Maintaining a strict 48-hours notification policy enables me to provide a professional service and to avoid disruption from no-shows and short notice cancellations. Thank you.
Web-based & Telephone
- Do you offer distance therapy, either web-based or by telephone?
- I offer this service to clients who want the benefits of psychotherapy but find scheduling difficult, or who prefer to have a session from the comfort of their own home or office. I’ll be pleased to discuss your case and determine if this is possible and appropriate.
- How long does counselling therapy last?
- The answer to this question differs for each person. Some people may find they only need one session while others may require ten or twelve sessions. Once I have a sense of your specific concerns and goals, and the approach you’d like to use, I will be in a better position to find an answer that speaks directly to you.